I’m a big fan of cast iron cookware – and this product does not disappoint. It met every expectation I had of a cast iron.
I really enjoy cooking with cast iron due to its vast benefits – it’s very solid (this one is extremely high quality), lasts a lifetime and they’re non-stick (so no evening spent scrubbing).
You won’t have to worry about hygiene as the surface the pan is impervious to flavours and odors and hence very hygienic. I’ve found the pot very handy for storing meals in the fridge after cooking. Handy tip – my mum uses her pots for marinating chicken in the fridge before she cooks it.
The above leads onto my next point that the pots are very adaptable, you can use them on almost any heat source, I have an electric hob, they can be chucked into the oven without worry, and what’s best is that they’re dishwasher safe!
But please be aware that if you’re going to buy cast iron you shouldn’t use it on a high heat, the enamel may chip if you do this – plus you get the best cooking results from a medium or low heat. The cast iron holds heat for a long time, so is great for cooking then straight to the table and it distributes heat evenly.
I found this pot very reasonable for the quality you get, it’s a nice piece to my collection and plus it comes with a 10 year guarantee so I’ll be using it for a very long time to come.--Danielle Smith, Amazon.co.uk
- 3244333721813 11872181
- Premium quality French Cast iron manufactured and hand crafted in the Ardennes region
- Suitable for all heat sources including induction
- Can be used on the hob, in the oven or under the grill
- Moulded cast iron handles for easy carrying
- Stylish enough for serving at the table where it will keep your food warm
- Easy to use and easy to clean
- Double coating of enamel for longevity and appearance
- Suitable for metal tools
- 10 Year guarantee
- English Unknown